Beginning Farmer Training Program for Veterans
November 1, 2017
Take Root Veteran Program | Apply by 12/1, program launches December 2017!
Are you a military veteran interested in learning the trade of farming? Look no further! Take Root is a program that connects veterans to paid employment and training on established farms in southern Wisconsin, northern Illinois, and the Chicagoland area.
Through the Take Root program, veterans interested in farming will gain:
• Hands-on production skills, learned on an established farm
• Guidance from an experienced local farmer
• A customized education plan developed by farming professionals
• A widened farmer network and access to interactive field days through Upper Midwest CRAFT
• Accommodations and admission to TWO acclaimed farming conferences: MOSES Organic Farming Conference and the Wisconsin New Farmer U (includes Fearless Farm Finances and Food Safety workshops)
• Hourly salary (at least minimum wage) PLUS a $30 stipend toward additional educational resources
• And more! To view full program benefits and details, click here.
The application period ends Friday, December 1st, 2017.
This program is FREE and for veterans.