MFAI Joins O-GRAIN for Small Grains Field Day July 21
June 16, 2017
2017 Organic Field Day: Diversified Organic Grain Rotations
Friday July 21st, 2017 –9AM-2:30PM
6346 Reed Road
Ridgeway, Wis. 53582
This FREE OGRAIN field day includes tours of 2 farms and a free lunch.
• Large scale small grain production, processing, and marketing
• On-farm grain storage 101
• Farming for water quality
• Planning a diverse crop rotation
• Growing organic seed corn
• Small grain variety recommendations
• Paul Bickford and John Wepking, Bickford Organics and Meadowlark Organics
• Lynn Clarkson, president, Clarkson Grain
• Jeffrey Block, GroAlliance
• Julie Dawson and Lucia Gutierrez, Plant breeders at UW-Madison
And join us for a free lunch provided by the Iowa Country farmer-led watershed initiative! We’ll be eating shrimp caught by fishermen and
women in the Gulf of Mexico – new friends whose livelihoods’ depend on Midwestern farmers keeping our waterways clean.
Shrimp not your thing? We’ll have brats too.
Register online at mosesorganic.org or call 715-778-5775
See Event Flyer here (printable PDF)