2015 Agricultural Grants Workshops
September 10, 2015
UW-Extension in partnership with USDA, SARE, DATCP and Michael Fields Agricultural Institute, hosts 4 one-day Agricultural Grants Workshops held at 4 different locations around the state that help farmers and other value-added food entrepreneurs learn about potential grants, get the basics on putting together a strong grant proposal, learn about cost share programs and other financing options.
The workshop consists of five main components:
- An overview of agricultural grants, grant writing and what makes a strong grant proposal.
- A lunch-time presentation from a local grant awardee talking about his/her grant experience.
- Description and overview of Ag Grants from grant managers for USDA Value Added Producer Grant, USDA-SARE Farmer Rancher Grant, USDA Specialty Crop Block Grant, and WI-DATCP Buy Local, Buy Wisconsin Grant.
- A role-playing group exercise that allows participants to review actual proposals and gain hands-on experience at grant-writing.
- Information on other financial options (FSA loans, traditional bank loans and NRCS cost share programs) specific to Wisconsin.
· Thursday, September 17th – Western WI – Hixton
· Friday, September 18th – Northern WI – Merrill
· Wednesday, September 23rd – Southeastern WI – West Bend
· Wednesday, September 30th – Southwestern WI – Platteville
Cost is only $15, which includes lunch and all materials. Check out the URL of the flier for registration info for each location.