Agricultural Grants & Financial Options Workshops
August 14, 2015
Learn More about Agricultural Grants and other Financial Options for Farmers and Food Entrepreneurs.
UW-Extension in partnership with Michael Fields Agricultural Institute (MFAI), USDA Rural Development, USDA Sustainable Agriculture Research & Education (SARE), and Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP) hosts four one-day Agricultural Grants Workshops held at four different locations around the state that help farmers and other value-added food entrepreneurs learn about available agricultural grants, how to put together strong grant proposals, and about other financing options.
The workshop consists of five main components:
• An overview to agricultural grants, grant writing and what makes a strong grant proposal.
• A lunch-time presentation from a local grant awardee talking about his/her grant experience.
• Description and overview of Ag Grants from grant managers for
o USDA Value Added Producer Grant,
o USDA-SARE Farmer Rancher Grant,
o USDA Specialty Crop Block Grant, and
o WI-DATCP Buy Local, Buy Wisconsin Grant.
• A group exercise that allows participants to review actual proposals and gain hands-on experience at grant-writing.
• Specific info on other financial options (FSA loans, traditional bank loans and NRCS cost share programs) specific to Wisconsin.
• Thursday, September 17th – Western WI – Hixton
• Friday, September 18th – Northern WI – Merrill
• Wednesday, September 23rd – Southeastern WI – West Bend
• Wednesday, September 30th – Southwestern WI – Platteville
Registration fee of $15 will cover the cost of lunch and materials.
For more information about these workshops, including specific locations and how to register for each workshop, visit: http://fyi.uwex.edu/sustag/2015/08/10/2015-ag-grants-workshops/