- 0808.October.SundayNo events
- 0909.October.MondaySpring Green, WI 53588, USAhttps://michaelfields.org/michael-fields-calendar/cover-crops-farm-tour-seafood/Spring Green, WI 53588, USA
Wisconsin Conservation Farming with Gulf Seafood!
Join Iowa County’s Uplands Farmer-Led Watershed Group for a farm tour followed by brats and seafood
9:00 am Fazenda Boa Terra produce farm (Lidida Dunge and John Middleton), 6580 State Rd 23, Spring Green
10:00 am Michael Dolan’s cover crops, State Rd 23
10:45 am Uplands Cheese dairy farm (Scott & Liana Mericka and Andy & Caitlin Hatch), 5023 State Rd 23 N, Dodgeville
Farm tour followed by lunch at Uplands Cheese Farm
Come discuss cover crop practices for fresh market produce, grain and dairy systems. See no-till drilling, irrigation, manure management, and other strategies to conserve soil and nutrients.
Then enjoy brats, plus seafood caught by fishermen in the Gulf – whose challenges with nutrient build-up and biological die-off in the Gulf Dead Zone we seek to help through our conservation practices.
REGISTER ONLINE HERE There is no fee, but please RSVP by Thursday, Oct. 5th
For more information, contact: Margaret Krome, Michael Fields Agricultural Institute, 608-238-1440
or Gene Schriefer, Iowa County Extension, 608-930-9850
- 1010.October.TuesdayNo events
- 1111.October.WednesdayNo events
- 1212.October.ThursdayNo events
- 1313.October.FridayNo events
- 1414.October.SaturdayNo events