Grant Advising Resources
MFAI’s Grant Advisory & Resources can help you apply to grants and cost-share programs of state or federal sources that could help you achieve your farming or ag-related business goals.
Michael Fields Grants Advising is a free service available to farmers, farmer organizations and institutions in the Upper Midwest region of the United States: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin.
Select from the following Grant Advising Resources to learn more:
- Designing Sound Projects, Finding $, and Writing Successful Grants
- Federal Funding Opportunities for Farmers & Organizations (Presentation, SSAWG, January 2017)
- On Farm Research Grants (Presentation, MOSES, February 2017)
- Grant Writing Tips & Common Errors
- Federal Grant & Loan Programs
- Preparing to Apply to USDA Grants by Electronic Submission
- WEBINAR RECORDING: Grant Writing Basics – USDA NIFA
- Presenters: Margaret Krome, Una van Duvall, and Dr. Mark Mirando
Select from the following Grants Advising Guides for descriptions and application info for federal programs:
- NSAC’s Farmers’ Guide to Value-Added Producer Grants
- Building Sustainable Farms, Ranches, and Communities: A Guide to Federal Programs for Sustainable Agriculture, Forestry, Entrepreneurship, Conservation, Food Systems, and Community Development
To be on the Grants Advising email list for funding program announcements, please email Martin Bailkey , firstname.lastname@example.org . Check out our Listing of Grant Resources
For additional grant advising information, contact Martin at, email@example.com, Michael Fields Agricultural Institute’s Grant Advisor.