www.mda.state.mn.us/grants/grants/mnfarmtoschool.aspx
For information on using the Blue Cross contributions as part of one’s proposal, contact Ashley Bress at 651-201-6500.
" />
Michael Fields Agricultural Institute logo
At the intersection of food, soil, climate, farming and water.

MN AGRI Farm to School Grant Program

The MN Dept of Agriculture is requesting proposals for its 2017 AGRI Farm to School Grant Program.  They anticipate awarding up to $500K in competitive grants to increase sales of locally grown and raised foods to K-12 institutions and child care providers.

There are two categories of grants:
– Grants to purchase equipment and/or physical improvements that will allow schools to purchase, prepare, and serve more locally grown and raised food.  Grants would cover 50% of the total project cost up to a maximum of $50K.  Recipients must contribute the remaining 50% of the total project cost in cash.
– Grants to create plans that identify specific equipment, tools, training or policies that school or district needs in order to purchase more locally grown or raised food. Grants cover up to 75% of the total project cost up to a maximum of $30K. Recipients must contribute the remaining 25% of the total project costs in cash.
The Center for Prevention at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota (Blue Cross) is providing up to $125K to help schools and child care providers meet the requirements for matching funds.
Applications are due Nov. 2 by 4 pm and may be submitted online.
For information on using the Blue Cross contributions as part of one’s proposal, contact Ashley Bress at 651-201-6500.