Making More from Milk Course
February 1, 2020
March 24-25, 2020 at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Madison (440 W Johnson St, Madison, WI 53703)
Spend two full days–planning for your future!
How can YOU “make more from milk”?
Tuesday, March 24
Hampton Inn & Suites Madison-Downtown
- Introductions and goals
- Producer spotlight
- Consultant panel: equipment, supplies, resources
- Behind-the-scenes: retail of specialty cheeses
- Tasting of artisan cheese
- Lunch-a local foods emphasis
- Tips from owner on what customers want
- Farmer panel: ag tourism, marketing agreements, yogurt production
- Marketing thoughts
Wednesday, March 25
Farm Visits (transportation included)
- Visit 1: On-site ice cream production and sales
- Visit 2: On-site milk bottling, cheese sales, on-site café, and agritourism
- Lunch at on-site café
- Visit 3: Agri-tourism
- Business planning
- Next steps
Thursday, March 26–Special!
- Make cheese
- Award-winning cheese maker
- Small factory setting.
- Rare opportunity!
Global Dairy Outreach
Jill Stahl Tyler