MOSES is Hiring!
July 10, 2020
The Midwest Organic and Sustainable Education Service (MOSES) is seeking an Executive Direction to join its collaborative team. MOSES is a nonprofit that provides education, resources, and expertise to help farmers grow using sustainable, organic practices. They offer a variety of programs and services to support farmers, including hosting the largest organic farming conference in the country each year. Their office is located in Spring Valley, Wis., one hour east of Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minn. Learn more at mosesorganic.org.
The Executive Director(ED) is responsible for the advancement of the organization’s strategic plan, mission, management, and oversight. The ED builds visibility and relationships with individuals, organizations, and agencies around the organization’s mission and strategic goals. The ED balances the internal management of the staff, consultants, and resources with achieving external impact and visibility. The ED works in partnership with the MOSES Board of Directors to define the mission, clarify values and vision, and shape strategic goals and plans.
About COVID-19 Impacts
The pandemic has forced challenges and created opportunities, which include significant changes in methods of program delivery; interest in collaboration with like organizations; questions around organization structure; and new considerations with finance planning. The ED will need to relish these challenges and be willing to adapt.
● Financial management of the organization
● Operation management (including, but not limited to, budgeting, work plans, staff management, high-level
● Strategic decision-making in pursuit of organizational goals
● Liaison between staff and board
● Experience with financial management of an organization (preferably in the nonprofit sector)
● Good communication skills
● Strong organizational skills
● Experience with or demonstrated commitment to organic and sustainable farming systems and communities
● Comfort with technology
● Development and implementation of strategic vision
● Program development
● Development experience
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week), with a greater portion of each week at the MOSES office in Spring Valley,Wis. The position salary is $70,000 to $78,000 annually. The position provides a benefits package and the potential to negotiate some remote work.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested individuals may email a letter of interest and resume to: email@example.com. The application deadline is August 14, 2020 or until the position is filled. MOSES is an equal opportunity employer.