USDA Funding Opportunities List
May 6, 2014
Here’s a compiled list of USDA funding opportunities. Some are for farmers, some are for organizations. Now that we have a farm bill, we are seeing a lot of these.
- B&I Guaranteed Loans: This week USDA announced the availability of federal loan guarantees through the Local and Regional Food Enterprise provision of the Business and Industry (B&I) Guaranteed Loan Program. The set-asides under this provision will now be more accessible to food hubs and other food enterprises seeking to bridge rural and urban communities and improve food access. More: http://sustainableagriculture.
- Agricultural Conservation Easement Program (ACEP) – This is the newly-created program created by combining the Wetlands Reserve Program (WRP), Grassland Reserve Program (GRP), and Farm and Ranch land Program (FRPP). The Farm Bill divides ACEP into two components: a wetland easement component, which largely mirrors the former WRP, and an agricultural land easement component, which is intended to retain the purposes and functionality of GRP and FRPP. More: http://sustainableagriculture.
- Rural Cooperative Development Grants (RCDG) – $5.8 million in grants are now available for non-profit corporations or higher education institutions for the purpose of establishing or enhancing centers for training in cooperative development. More: http://sustainableagriculture.
- Small Socially-Disadvantaged Producer Grants (SSDPG) – $3 million is available in competitive grant funds for the Small Socially-Disadvantaged Producer Grants (SSDPG) program. For this subset of RCDG grants (above), eligible applicants include cooperatives and groups of cooperatives as well as cooperative development centers who will provide technical assistance to small, socially-disadvantaged agricultural producers in rural areas. More:http://sustainableagriculture.
Older news, but still relevant:
- Farm Storage Facility Loans (FSFL) – FSFL will help growers build infrastructure like cold storage and packing sheds. More: http://sustainableagriculture.
- Beginning Farmer & Rancher Development Program (BFRDP) – this is for organizations assiting beginning farmers. http://
- Kitchen equipment grants for schools – http://sustainableagriculture.
- Specialty Crop Block Grants (SCBG) I sent out a list earlier of deadlines remaining for midwestern states. Pls see the archives or just let me know your state and I’ll look it up. – http://sustainableagriculture.
net/blog/funding-available- for-specialty-crop-block- grants/